This week I didn’t get much up on the blog. Sorry, not sorry. I’ve been working on a lot of backend stuff this week, including tweaks to my logo/header/likeness as I get ready to open up my Etsy shop (finally). I also blew off a whole day to stalk POTUS as his 5-chopper entourage landed at the former GM plant in my town. I had helicopter envy.
Anyway, I promise lots of design posts / DIY projects and real blogging next week. In the meantime, here’s where my head has been this week:
- My sis tipped me off to this historic photo collection from the Lincoln Park Zoo in Chicago. Looking through it makes me grateful for how far we’ve come in treating animals better in zoos. Also, designing zoo exhibits would be the COOLEST. JOB. EVER. FOR. ME. DONE. AND. DONE.
- Working on a blogpost about having a design anchor. Muy importante stuff. Sometimes you design a room around a rug; sometimes you design around ostriches!
- Do you guys think marbling is the next watercolor wash?
- It’s ridiculous what our friend Pam Garrison can do with cardboard. Wouldn’t this be awesome in a kids’ room // on your mantle // on the dessert table at a party // dressed up in metallics // decoupaged with chintz papers // basically anywhere?!?
- These days, it’s not enough to have a fiddle leaf fig tree. You’re nobody unless you have an air plant in a quirky planter, preferably upcycled dinos. Or vintage matchstick holders.
Happy weekend! xo Loveyoubye!