Tomorrow is the first day of summer! I totes thought it already was summer, but I’m up for an excuse to celebrate. So I plan to celebrate by eating tons of hot dogs (Chicago Style, pshaw!) and watching FIFA World Cup soccer. Most likely in our dark, dank neighborhood pub that’s about as summery as a turtleneck but has a great crowd and incredible nachos. Just kidding…no wait, totally serious. I’m also going to be doing some stuff in the yard and crossing my fingers that I don’t bump into our two summer squatters – the ground hog under the shed and the possum under the deck. So nice of them to join us. I’m also going make my own iced coffee and put together some summery snacks to share with you all next week.
Heck yeah for summer! Here are this week’s links:
- First, let’s get this straight…How to Make a Proper Chicago-Style Hot Dog
- I’m getting kind of obsessed with making a trunk + trunk stand work as a solution for that stubborn spot at the end of our bed.
- Ummm…my favorite Twitter follow of this week, Migaloo the White Humpback Whale is INCREDIBLE and Herman Melville is jumping up and down peeing his pants in his grave.
- I’m going to be RIL BUSY designing my own textiles and having them printed onto leggings, backpacks and crew necks this summer.
- I really like this DIY project from Design*Sponge this week – it’s beautiful and practical but also acknowledges that track lighting can exist in good taste. We have track lighting (without pendants) in our kitchen because it’s the best solution for directional light, which is incredibly important in a cook’s kitchen. It’s not high design, but it’s cost effective, unobtrusive and functional and really…designers who ignore function are just douchey.